Twitter is one of the best social mediums for spreading the word about your work and also for growing the traffic to your main website or blog.
But how do you find the time to constantly update both?
Well it can be simplified somewhat by integrating your WordPress blog with Twitter.
Today I’m going to talk about how to integrate your blog with twitter using a cool and FREE plugin called Simple Twitter Connect (STC).
STC gives you an impressive bag of tools to use to fully join up your blogging and tweeting including:
- Automatically tweet a message about each blog post you publish including a link back to the post.
- You can also choose to publish your tweets to your blog.
- add a tweet button to your posts and pages easily
- Create a follow button for your site to make it easy for your readers to follow you on twitter
- Automatically link @usernames to twitter, anywhere on the whole site
- add Twitter Login and Authentication to your WordPress site so subscribers don’t have to create a new log in
- Show a list of your twitter followers in the sidebar
- Twitter Dashboard lets you tweet directly from your wordpress admin
- Adds a Tweetmeme button to your content
- tweet comments
You can use all of these features at once or in any other combination; its easy to choose which ones you use and you can chop and change until your heart’s content.
Difficulty level is medium, as you do have to create a Twitter App to allow your blog to access your twitter account.
However, that’s why I’m here, so if you want to get your blog linked up with your twitter account and start to spread the word further about your work I can help.
The Plug in is free but I’ll need a couple of hours to get this set up the way you want.
You can make this happen easily, by choosing my bronze maintenance package here
alternatively give me a call on 07939 149103 (UK)
Photo thanks to Tarik Browne