If you have something to say or sell and you want to spread the word and build a loyal following you need to build an opt-in email list.
You will have seen this on many sites; just a little box asking for your name and email address and maybe offering a free report or just a newsletter in return for these details; just the like the one to the right of this post.
If its being done properly and legally then you will usually have to confirm your subscription by clicking the link in an email you receive after signing up.
This is called Opting In to receive information from that site’s owner. Its also known as Permission Marketing (because you’ve given them permission to keep in touch) and it can be a very powerful strategy for building a loyal fanbase for your art or brand.
I’ve written a free eBook detailing all of the ins and outs of setting up and making use of this kind of website functionality and you can download it here.
Meantime if you are ready to get started building your list we have an Add-on service to help you get up and running fast and avoid all of the learner pitfalls in the process.
The service we recommend for this is called aWeber and you can go over and set up an account with them at aWeber.com. There are of course lots of great tutorials etc for getting you up and running with aWeber; but if you want to avoid yet another learning curve we can take care of all of the set up process for you as follows:
- Guide you through the aWeber account set-up process (we can’t enter your payment details etc, but we will guide you through this first stage.)
- Set up your first opt-in email list for you.
- Design, build and install your first email opt-in form to display on your site.
- Create and format your auto-reponder message from text provided by you.
- Upload any attachments and files you want to give away to list members at sign up.
- Create and format up to 10 follow-up messages from text provided by you (further messages can be added at £5 each)
- Test the set up and make sure everything is working correctly.
All of this for £75 (doesn’t include aWeber subscription fees)
Later once you are more familiar with aWeber you might want to add further functionality and we can help with that at very reasonable cost as follows:
- Integrate aWeber with your Twitter Account £5
- Integrate aWeber with facebook £5
- Set up aWeber to broadcast your blog posts at set intervals £5
- Design, format and send a regular e-Newsletter to your list £25 set up fee then £15 per newsletter thereafter.
If you are nervous or unsure about any of this; first of all download my FREE eBook on email marketing and/or feel free to give me a call on 01764 683461 or 07939 149103 (UK numbers) or drop me a line using the form below: